Call Us Free: +234-803-378-2777

Feasibility Report On The Importation Of Refined Gasoline In Nigeria.

Feasibility Report On The Importation Of Refined Gasoline In Nigeria.


Gasoline is the main of all refined petroleum products that is imported into the Nigeria on a daily basis as at today the quantity of gasoline consumed per day has increased from 40 million and the volume keeps on growing and steadily.


The quantity of gasoline consumed is more than twice the quantity of gasoil imports and it is a very useful source of energy that has practically no alternative in its usage as a source of energy for vehicles of all types.

It is estimated that the ratio of vehicles that are powered by gasoline to gasoil is 7:3(70% of the total number of vehicles in Nigeria use gasoline) while the other 30% are used by some few buses, luxurious buses, lorries, tankers and agricultural heavy machinery.

When we also examine the use of generating sets which are used to generate electricity for both domestic and industrial use such as barbing salons, cyber cafes, restaurants and many other small scale businesses, we will see that almost all of them are powered by the small sets called I pass my neighbor unlike the big organizations that are powered by the big sets and such small gen sets are all powered by petrol/gasoline.Of all the refined petroleum products, gasoline also known as petrol in Nigeria is the most important as the effect of its unavailability spells disaster.

Nigeria being an oil producing economy produces very good grades of crude oil and the most notable being the sweet crude bonny light crude oil through a lot of joint venture agreements with most of the major oil exploration and producing companies in the country. Large volumes of crude are transported to the various refineries to undergo the process of distillation to yield various important components of which gasoline is one of them. A lot of new state of the art refineries today are able to recycle many other reflux components from the refinery pools to increase the volumes of gasoline that is produced.

Three are various grades of pool and they vary from region to region such as the European Union and North America. For every ten vessels that berth to discharge refined oil at all the harbors including New York about six of them are laden with gasoline.

Due to the poor state of the refineries in the country, the total combined quantity produced is so minimal that it will not be able to serve up to ten out of the thirty six states in the country. As a result of this, the NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) conjunction with the PPMC (petroleum products marketing company) had to partner with Depot owners, so that they can ensure steady supply of gasoline into the country.

Gasoline is very important petroleum products and just like Kerosene and its importation is regulated by the NNPC.

This report highlights the following:

•    How to import refined gasoline into Nigeria
•    The basic requirements need to import refined gasoline into Nigeria
•    Step by step explanation on the procedure
•    The approved specification of refined gasoline in Nigeria
•    How to become an investor and also how to broker refined gasoline imports into Nigeria

This report also details how you can be an agent in the business of refined petroleum products importation.

Report Details

Report Type: Feasibility Report
Language: English
Release date: September, 2013; Updated Every 3- Months
Number of pages: 20 pages
Format of Delivery: MS WORD
Product Code: FORA/2013/300/1082/71232
Delivery time: Within 24– 48 hours of payment confirmation

Table of Contents


1. Introduction
• Business Opportunity
1.2 Country Background

2. Technical Analysis
2.1 The Project
2.2 Product Description
• Product Location and Distribution
• Legal Considerations

3. Opportunity

3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Demand and Supply
3.3 Customer Profile
3.4 Primary Competition

4. Socio- Economic and SWOT Analysis of the Project
4.1.1 Generation of Employment
4.1.2 Source of Government Revenue
4.1.3 Foreign Exchange Generation
4.2 SWOT Analysis

5. Risk Identification and Mitigation Strategy
5.2 Critical Success Factor

6. Financial Analysis

Get This Report

Are you interested in purchasing this report?

Please do pay N 20,000 into

United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Account Name: Foraminifera Market Research Limited
Account Number: 101 76 603 95

Eco Bank Plc
Account Name: Foraminifera Market Research Limited
Account Number: 274 20 569 37

After payment call us on 01 -29 52 413 / 08033782777 or email us at with the payment details.

After payment confirmation, the soft copy of the report would be sent to you within 24 hours.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Feasibility Report On The Importation Of Refined Gasoline In Nigeria.”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *